Tuesday, April 5, 2011

It's Not The Miles...

We drove onto our street yesterday, and Linda said, "It's only been a couple of days, but everything looks..." I knew what she meant. It was like returning from a long vacation, when familiar things look slightly differrent than how you remember them. But this time, it wasn't the length of our time away that made the difference. My sister-in-law called today to find out how we were doing, and she asked, "How many grey hairs did you get this weekend?"

136 days old

2 comments:

  1. First, I have to say...she is looking so sweet, innocent, and perfect. I hope she is feeling better. I can't imagine all of the emotions that you felt as parents. And all of those wires and a catheter...poor Violet. I'm glad you're all home and life is getting back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy K - We are so glad, too. I keep telling Violet how grateful I am that she is healthy. I'm hoping she takes the hint and stays that way.

    Amy BG - Thank you! It's sooooo good to be back with a smiling Violet.

    ReplyDelete