Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Her health is satisfactory at the present time...thank you for asking...

Ever since Violet came home from the hospital, people have been asking me how she's doing. Up until this past weekend, I could say, "Better," because each day she was couging a little less and her voice was losing its rasp. Linda and I sat with her on the deck on Sunday and marveled at how, in a single week, she went from being on oxygen and fluids in the hospital to smiling and all-flailing-limbs on my lap at home.  So this week, when people at work ask me how she's doing, I want to say, "She's all better!" But there's a reluctance that appears between thinking those words and saying them. After going through what we did at the hospital - and believe me, I know it was nothing compared to what some parents go through - I don't want to take our good fortune for granted. I didn't know how wonderful it was to have a healthy baby until ours was gone, and now that we have her back, I don't want to jinx it. Superstitious and maybe a little silly, I know, but it helps me sleep at night.

143 days old

1 comment: