Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Easing Up

So, I’ve figured it out, at least for now. Remember how I said Violet’s been fussing at her middle-of-the-night feeding, eating only about half of the bottle and then refusing to eat the rest, despite good burps and clean diapers? Over the weekend, she continued to do it, but on early Sunday morning, after she was burped and changed, I tried something different. After fighting with her for a few minutes, I decided just to let her be, to hold her in my arms and rock in the rocking chair. She settled down after a few minutes and just stared at me, smiling little smiles now and then. After a few more minutes, I held the bottle near her lips and – boom – in it went without a problem. She sucked the rest of it down, and off to bed she went. I did the same thing the past few nights. Hopefully, this will continue. Who knows?

109 days old

4 comments:

  1. BINGO. Sometimes you lead. Sometimes she leads. It's what makes it so beautiful (and confusing with a lot of gray area!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy BG - why didn't you tell me before?! Kidding, but sometimes, don't you wish there was less gray?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely! The gray areas lead to self doubt and analyzation; some things I thought I had considerably lessened in my personal life. Aha...they rear their ugly heads!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As if I need any help being neurotic...

    ReplyDelete