We just returned from a family party – my 5 year old niece’s birthday party. Here are some things I learned today:
• Before Violet, Linda and I needed about an hour to get ourselves from a pajamas and bedhead state to “ready to leave the house”. With Violet, prep time is at least a half hour longer.
• Taking a two-month old out for the afternoon requires more bags and gear than we used to pack for a weekend trip.
• We can no longer schedule stops between home and a family party, at least while Violet is a baby. Too many people are waiting to hold her, and I could tell we disappointed them when we walked into the party, said, “Sorry, she needs to eat,” and locked ourselves in a bedroom for twenty minutes.
• When we breastfeed Violet in a separate room at someone else’s house, we should lock the door.
• Violet can get even the most serious person to emit babytalk
• We should get home before Violet’s bedtime – otherwise she is wide awake while Linda and I can barely keep our eyes open (or write a post).