Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Gift of the Mother

Monday was a snow day. I told Linda that she should take the day and spend some time by herself – go to a bookstore, do some shopping – and I would watch Violet. It would have been the first stretch of time she had to herself since Violet was born. She dismissed the idea almost immediately, as if I’d said, “Let’s give Violet some vodka,” and I figured that was it. But a little while later, she decided to do it, and I thought to myself, “I’m a pretty good husband.” Later that night, I overheard her talking to our sister-in-law, saying how she hadn’t really cared about the time to herself. She wanted to give me the time alone with Violet.

67 days old

1 comment:

  1. Hilarious! What a great story. Every time I read this blog, I wish that every child could feel the love that surrounds Violet every moment. A.

    ReplyDelete