Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Taking Stock

So here we are, slightly over a month in. I used to stay after school until , sometimes 6, but back in October I promised Linda that once Violet was here, I would head home by . I’ve managed to keep my word, and I come home most nights itching to spend time holding and staring at Violet. She’s most often asleep and when she’s awake, she fusses a lot, often for reasons we can’t fathom, but like breaks in the clouds, there are the times when she’s awake, tongue slightly poking out, and calmly observing the world. I talk or read to her, even though I know every word is beyond her. Sometimes she even seems to pay attention. Already we can see changes and today, Linda discovered she's outgrown her first outfit.I can't say whether or not it's what I expected - the diapers are definitely more numerous and... full than I pictured - but I'm amazed how we've adapted to this completely new arrangement - this family.

32 days old

3 comments:

  1. I just wanted to wish you and your beautiful family a Merry and peaceful Christmas. The world is sweeter because of little Violet. A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes...have a very Merry 1st Christmas together! That picture reminds me of the "Twas the Night Before Chriatmas." Christmas is about love and little Violet is a pure example!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy LV - Merry Christmas to your family, too. Thank you again for inspiring all of this! I'll make sure that Violet knows how the blog started.

    Amy K - Merry Christmas to you, too - ours will definitely be different than years past and full of Violet-time.

    ReplyDelete