Saturday, September 17, 2011

Strategy

It’s hard to accomplish much on weeknights anymore. I usually get home around , which leaves only two and half hours until Violet’s bedtime. Dinner needs to made and Violet’s pre-bedtime ritual completed. After her bedtime comes dishes, writing a post, and a maybe a half hour of reading/relaxing. I am not complaining here, just painting a picture of why today, Saturday, I realized how deeply satisfying it is to be able to spend a day playing with my daughter AND accomplishing a great number of things at home. Last year, a mother told me that I would reach a point where nap time would require strategy. That is, I would strategize ahead of time exactly what I would do while Violet slept, figuring out how I could best use the limited amount of time. My God, was she right.

300 days old

No comments:

Post a Comment