Thursday, June 2, 2011

Insert Pea Pun Here

Food number three – strained peas

Also, thumbs down.

I’ve had more than a few people recommend that we add apples, bananas, or other fruits/juice to the foods we’re offering to make them more palatable, but our pediatrician and several books are steering us away from the sweeter foods for now. If she develops a taste for the sweet stuff right out of the box, why would Violet ever want veggies? (We’re hoping pureed kale will be one of her favorites.) One fact I found surprising was that you can’t trust a baby’s face when it comes to their first taste of a food. Most babies wrinkle up their noses at any new flavor or texture, even when they like the taste. Whether they open their mouth for a second taste is the true test, or even if they don't, they might be willing to give it a go on another day. I know I had to try sushi about half a dozen times before I decided I liked it. With that in mind, we tried zucchini again tonight, and Violet seemed more amenable to it. Maybe the peas will go down easier tomorrow.

193 days old

No comments:

Post a Comment